The video for Part 4 of the Soumak Pouch Weave Along is a really big one because it’s the ‘how to’s’ for the actual weaving of the pouch.
Here’s what’s covered in this video:
- How to weave the 4:2 Soumak border
- How to weave the 2:1 body of the pouch
- How to add more weft yarn when you run out
- How to add new colors
- How to change colors and make perfect joins between the color blocks
- How to step colors sideways in an outward direction
- How to step colors sideways in an inward direction
- How to work horizontal stripes
- How to do the ‘Topsy Turvey Trick’ with the Mini loom
- How to remove the weaving from the Mini
- Please note that the pouches are woven with 1 strand of the yarn from the Mirrix Kit, or 2 strands held together, of the Lion Brand Bonbon yarn
When I went through the video after the final rendering, I smacked my hand to my forehead a couple of times as my directional challenges clearly pop up in the video- arghhhhhhhhh………. several times, I call the left hand side of the loom, the ~right~ hand side. arghhhhhhh
And, at one point, I called the weft, ‘warp’…………. oh sigh…………. so please forgive me for the errors.
Luckily, pretty quickly, I do say the ~correct~ thing. But still……….. arghhhhhhhhhhhh………….
And, no, I am not willing to re-shoot the video….. there are days and days and days of shooting, and so I am not going back to do it again.
Said in the nicest possible way, with really the minimum of snarls and snaps. 😀
Anyhow…. I hope that you will have a WONDERFUL time weaving your pouches!
Without further ado, here’s the video: (bugs and all- and dogs barking and rain raining and thunder thundering…. the dogs were freaked out by the lighting and thunder, so they were indulging in a LOT of vocalizing about the bad bad sky!)
6 responses to “Soumak Pouch Weave Along Part 4 Weaving Techniques”
Pingback: Mirrix Loom Weave Along Soumak Pouch- All the links | Tottie Talks Crafts Blog
Again, such clear and FUNNY instructions! I wish there was an award for Online Teacher of the Year. You’d be it!
And I don’t want to forget to thank Tottie for her lovely open-armed welcome.
Awwwwwwwwwww, thank you so much, Aleksa! and Tottie sends her love! 😀
Pingback: Mirrix Looms Weave Along #8 Soumak Pouch-ALL the links |
Funny Noreen, I was watching your video with the thunderstorm and I’m having one too – also my yorkie barks and sometimes I think your dog is my dog!!!! Anyway – what a fun way to spend this day. I’ve just about got it – still have to concentrate and think a lot but it’s coming along.
The weather that day was truly epic! I am so pleased that you and your Yorkie are having a lovely time weaving together 🙂 Stay safe from the storm!